About 3GSo what is a 3G Pitch? Well have a little read below and all we be made clear.
Third Generation (3G) Football Pitch
Hornsea School 3G pitch opened in July 2015. The facility provides an excellent venue for local sports team, for training and match days. The 3G pitch is available for use by schools, colleges and members of the community.
3G pitches are the most significant and successful development in synthetic surface technology designed for football and rugby at both competitive and recreational levels. In 3G turf, the pile (artificial grass ‘blades’) is supported by a thin base layer of sand, and by an infill of rubber crumb.
The benefits of playing on a synthetic grass surface are that the pitches can be used intensively and can even hold a number of matches on the same day, without becoming waterlogged or unplayable.
3G Pitch Build
So how does this stack up, well as you can imagine this level of technology is not cheap, and we have been very fortunate to receive funding from a number of donations, these are listed below.
Project cost = £519,346
We have raised this money by:
- Football Foundation Grant of £316,386
- Sport England Inspired Facilities Fund £49,460
- Hornsea School Contribution £50,000
- East Riding Council £40,000
- East Riding Council (Commuted Sums) £45,000
- Hornsea Lions £1,000
- Hornsea School PTFA (including our 3G sponsorship fundraiser) £5,000
- Hornsea Town FC £10,000
- Hornsea Sporting FC £2,500